I almost couldn’t find a suitable title for this one. Nothing appropriate rhymes with “July” or starts with “J”, so that’s the best I could come up with. Nevertheless, the title seems pretty appropriate as I sit here with my box of tissues, under seventeen layers of clothing wrapped up in a giraffe onesie and topped with fluoro yellow fingerless gloves my mother bought because they were 10c and not because they look good (I can assure you, they look appalling with this classy getup I’ve got on right now). It’s so bloody cold right now that I can’t muster the will to turn the heating on because I’ve just warmed up this patch of air and I feel like if I get up from my chair, the slightly warmer climate I’ve made around myself will dissipate. That, and I have blogging to do. Sick or not sick.
Anyways, here is my recent wishlist–Ever since getting my best friend a kitten tapestry backpack for her birthday, I’ve been longing for this fabric. It’s so naturally thick and heavy and warm, and lends itself perfectly to a cold Winter’s day, while you’re sporting thick opaque leggings and several layers underneath (or else risk freezing to death in this totally harsh Australian climate). I’ve really gotten into shopping for natural materials recently, so this wishlist is mostly comprised of pure wool, cotton, and leather.
- Pure Felted Wool Beret – AliExpress, $4 (Also frequently on sale! Available in too many different colours to list)
- Teddy Bear Tapestry Dress w/ Faux Fur Details – AliExpress, $20 (Also managed to find a $40 listing with dog and cat print fabric omg)
- Teddy Bear Tapestry Backpack – AliExpress, $33 (Also available in the same fabric as the dress!!)
- Colourful Crystals Mickey Mesh Watch – eBay, $18 (Also available in silver with differently-coloured faces)
- Full Gold Mirror Waist Belt w/ Chain – eBay, from $7 (Depending on which of the 3 thicknesses you choose)
- Genuine Patent Leather Ankle Strap Heels – AliExpress, $40 (Available in black, nude, or white)
- Wool Cable-Knit Sweater w/ Peplum – AliExpress, $15.50 (Available in other colours too)
- Tapestry Mini Skirt – AliExpress, $15 (Available in cat or dog print!)
Can you just imagine–That teddy tapestry dress with a cream sweater layered underneath, topped with a black beret, gold belt, thick diamond-patterned tights and those shoes?! My idea of a perfect outfit right now.
By the by, frugalistas–I cheated a smidgeon with this wishlist. I just received the Mickey watch in the mail from eBay recently. It’s the most gorgeous thing ever and even though it’s cheaper than some of the other mesh watches in my collection, I reckon it’s just about my favorite one now. I’ll have to show you my little watch collection some day and have a good old rant about the exorbitant prices of watches and how you can avoid the big ticket price-tags.
In the meantime, stay stingy and keep your eyes peeled for my Specsavers review.
|Posted by Demi on July 1, 2014||10 Comments|
|Tags: AliExpress eBay kittens teddy bears warm watch Winter wishlist|