One of my favorite parts of living in Australia is the various fauna and flora you’ll find, with the warmer climate ensuring that colourful blossoms are as perennial as the grass. I know the Morning Glory flower is known as a rabid weed that most people choose to exterminate, but I still think they make for beautiful photographs.
How cute are these pants, by the way? I’m a monthly regular at the Hamilton Church Jumble now, and every time I go, I seem to find the most wicked bargains. I was worried for a second that these pants wouldn’t fit (they are a size 12 but they’re older than I am so the actual waist size is tiny!) but they slipped on like a dream in the dressing room and I couldn’t not buy them. It’s so hard to find high-waisted pants in this kind of style nowadays. Hipster pants just don’t work for me.
What I wore:
- Touch by Alyssa Milano 102 Black Pink Glasses – c/o Clearly
- Gold Chain Headband – Colette, $2
- Pink Leaf Earrings as Collar Clips – Big W, $2
- White Lace Blouse – Temt, $15
- Bird Ring – Lovisa, $3.33
- Gold Watch – AliExpress, $6 (Many colours)
- Gold Snake-Textured Belt – Forever New, $6.95 (Harbour Town outlet)
- Vintage Pink Pinstripe 3/4 Pants – St Augustine’s Jumble Sale, $2.60
- Gold Leather Flats – Mascotte, $48
These gold flats are basically the embodiment of the phrase “buttery soft”.
On that note, I’m quite annoyed that Mascotte has closed down permanently. I had a few male friends who raved about their selection of gorgeous round-toed leather men’s shoes (much a relief from the usual square/pointy toed hideousness you see in modern-day men’s stores) now they’re all packed up and gone. Ironically, one of the reasons I loved them so much (cheap, high-quality leather shoes) was probably the source of their downfall. You can’t have “70% off everything” sales four times a year and expect to make any kind of profit, really. I have four pairs of Mascotte shoes, and I’m really sad I didn’t go in for more when I had the opportunity.
I basically cherish these ones like they’re actually made of gold.