I haven’t shopped on AliExpress for a good while but man, I am loving this new dress.
There’s like a whole rule about redheads wearing red all over that I have completely smashed and broken, but I’m not feeling any regret about this one yet!
And bug-themed accessories are still relevant here, because, I mean, there were bugs in the wild west, weren’t there??
I bought this dress initially for my dance lessons but as we’re ramping up towards the holidays, I’m finding less time to dance as more of my time is spent sewing and sourcing various different Christmas presents for friends and family. I’ve done most of my Christmas shopping well in advance, but I know of some masochists that enjoy shopping for presents on Christmas Eve (seriously, is that the new test for sociopathy?).
In an effort to conserve my money, I’m also looking to craft a few of my gifts, too! I hope to post tutorials on a couple of them soon enough.
Between all the thrift shopping and making my own clothes, I rarely visit the store anymore, and I feel like the origin of this blog is getting less and less relevant as time goes on. Maybe it’s time for a name change, or a shift in perspective. What do you think?
What I wore:
- Touch by Alyssa Milano 102 Black Pink Glasses – c/o Clearly
- Bee Hair Pin – AliExpress, $2.45 (Comes in a pair, bought during a Black Friday sale)
- Bee Collar Clips – eBay, $1.70
- Grace Karin Red Cowgirl Dress – AliExpress, $21 (Again on the same sale. The prices are back up a little, but there’s heaps of other styles and colours to choose from too!)
- Mollini Tan Heels with Broguing – Salvation Army, $4
I have a disturbing lack of accessories with this outfit, and shockingly enough, for once I’m not wearing a belt. But you know what? I think this dress makes a perfect statement on its own.