Brrr, it’s cold in here!
Do you ever get that feeling where you’re just bemoaning the current season and then the next season hits you like a tonne of bricks and you’re suddenly bussing to work under 700 layers of clothing and the large, heavy woolen coats you’ve been wearing in your heavily air-conditioned environment suddenly make sense to people around you?
On the bright side, when I walk into the communal kitchen wearing ugg boots (I swear this is the only time I wear them, I swear!) and an oversized pink wool-blend tweed coat I picked up from a clothing jumble for $5 (woohoo!), people now sympathise with me (“Yes, quite cold outside, isn’t it?”) instead of giving me looks normally reserved for mentally deranged homeless people (all those side-eyes, I tell you what).
And now I have an excuse to dip back into my glorious coat collection!
This may also be the Winter of funky tights. Possibly. I haven’t decided whether these bright pink tights make me feel fabulous or ridiculous, but I’m somewhere in that zone.
How brilliantly do they match this jacket, though? When Kmart was selling a bunch of colour-blocked tights for 20c a pack, I couldn’t resist buying a pair in all three colours, and then I proceeded to shove them into a corner of my cupboard, never to be seen again until a year later, and here they are. My legs won’t be cold today, no sir.
What I wore:
- Alex Perry Glasses – c/o Specsavers
- Cream Angora Beret with Black Sequin Bow – Temt, $10
- White Flocked Polka Dot Blouse – Target, $10
- Girls’ Black Ponti Dress – Target, $15
- Black and White Bow Belt – Mascotte, $6
- Gold Mesh Lorus Watch – Graduation gift (similar here)
- Pink Woolen Jacket w Leather Trim – Igedo, $15 (Although the last purchase I’ll ever make from them after how rudely they treated me when I tried to return a faulty item)
- Opaque Magenta Tights – Kmart, 20c
- Jo Mercer “Hooch” Mary Jane Heels – The Iconic, $60